The Metaverse is not new. The metaverse has been under our noses the whole time. It needed deep diving. We have to admit it is the future.
- Metaverse is not NFT.
- Metaverse is not Web3.
- Metaverse is not Game.
- Metaverse is not Avatars.
- Metaverse is not Showroom.
- Metaverse is not SocialMedia.
Metaverse + Augmented Reality + Extended Reality will be a robust place, statement and presentation of future people and lifestyles.— Alper Akalin
Metaverse happens when your digital identity is more valued than your physical/real identity. Meaning it will happen when the economic value of protecting, differentiating and growing your digital identity becomes more important and valued than your physical/real identity. For instance, Instagram personas (influencer accounts) are just the start.
Forget VR for the next five years because of the lack of hardware. And I believe VR is irrelevant for the metaverse at this stage.
Yes, the goal must be Ender’s Game or Ready Player One, but how?
First, we need a brand new approach for (Web-Mobile) + Game Engine + AI infrastructures and solutions. We must solve some complex problems with Web + Game Engine + AI marriage. Yes, these three technologies must have a robust marriage. Then they can give birth to Metaverse, and we will have a brilliant Metaverse. Let us invest in these infrastructures.
The Real Metaverse has intrinsic to do with the following:
- Distributed Databases
- Distributed Applications
- Distributed Content Management Systems — CMS
- Distributed 3D Renderer; essentially
- * * a web/mobile browser with game engine-like capabilities or
- * * a technology/platform running on web browsers with game engine-like capabilities.
- Digital Ownership, NFTs or similar.
- Finally, everything must be in the #cloud.
You can not shape or create a real Metaverse with the following:
- By using/providing/offering Single-Process Applications.
- By creating small/big applications for each Metaverse, Metaverse Assets, AR or XR scene.
- By providing or offering #Editor for single-person usage.
- By forcing download different APPs for each Metaverse.
You may like to read this article. #Arsuite is a completely distributed and cloud-native #Metaverse, AR, XR, VR Builder Platform and Engine.